GoliathTech, a growing leader in screw pile design and installation in Canada and the United States, is committed to protecting the personal information that its clients and certified installers provide in the course of business relations.
- Goal and scope of this policy
- Your Consent to Collection, Use and Disclosure
- Personal Information We Collect
- Use of Your Personal Information
- Sharing of Your Personal Information
- Opting Out of Communications
- Retention of Personal Information
- Information Security
- International and Interprovincial Transfer of Information
- Your Rights regarding Your Personal Information
- Children’s Information
- Third Party Applications and Services
- Contact Us
Goal and scope of this policy
By visiting www.goliathtechpiles.com (the “GoliathTech Website” or “Website”), contacting us or agreeing to receive emails from GoliathTech, you accept the terms and conditions of this policy.
This policy does not extend to websites operated by our certified installers. GoliathTech is therefore not liable for their privacy policies, procedures and practices.
Your Consent to Collection, Use and Disclosure
GoliathTech collects, uses, discloses and retains personal information that you provide to us with your consent.
For more information, please click here
GoliathTech collects, uses and discloses your personal information with your consent where applicable or as permitted or required by law. How we obtain your consent (i.e. the form we use) will depend on the circumstances, as well as the sensitivity of the information collected. Subject to applicable laws, your consent may be express or implied, depending on the circumstances and the sensitivity of the personal information in question. If you choose to provide personal information to us, we assume that you consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information as outlined in this privacy statement.
Typically, we will seek your consent at the time your personal information is collected. Where we want to use your personal information for a purpose not previously identified to you at the time of collection or where not provided by the law, we will seek your consent prior to our use of such information for this new purpose.
You may withdraw your consent to our collection, use or disclosure of your personal information at any time by contacting us using the contact information in the “Contact Us” section below. However, before we implement the withdrawal of consent, we may require proof of your identity. In some cases, withdrawal of your consent may mean that we will no longer be able to provide certain products or services.
If you provide personal information about another individual to us, it is your responsibility to obtain the consent of that individual to enable us to collect, use and disclose his or her information as described in this privacy statement.
Personal Information We Collect
When you visit our site and the various areas linked to personal accounts, we collect some personal information about you.
For more information, please click here
A. The information that you send us
We collect the personal information that you send us when you:
- fill out the on-line estimate form;
- search for a certified installer in your region;
- consider the possibility of joining our franchise network;
- contact us by telephone; or
- send us an email.
Depending on the circumstances, this could be your name, contact information (street address, electronic address, telephone number), the form of payment you used, details on your residential, commercial or agricultural projects, any other information you will disclose to us, etc.
B. Information provided on our Website
We also collect information on your visit to our GoliathTech Website. This information could include your IP address, the date, time and length of your visits as well as the web pages you consulted.
Use of Your Personal Information
We use your personal information to provide and improve our services to you. We also use it to meet our legal obligations.
For more information, please click here.
We use and disclose your personal information mainly:
- to respond to your requests for estimates, searches for a certified installer or interest in joining our franchise network. Applicable legal basis under the GDPR : performance of an agreement;
- to allow us to provide our products and services and to follow up with our clients and certified installers. Applicable legal basis under the GDPR : performance of an agreement;
- to answer questions and information requests. Applicable legal basis under the GDPR : performance of an agreement;
- to optimize the contents and structure of the GoliathTech Website. Applicable legal basis under the GDPR : consent of the user;
- to assess your needs, preferences and degree of satisfaction with our products and services. Applicable legal basis under the GDPR : legitimate interest of GoliathTech;
- to evaluate the records of potential franchisees and supervise the operations of existing franchisees. Applicable legal basis under the GDPR : consent;
- to inform you of our products and services, to the extent permitted by law. Applicable legal basis under the GDPR : performance of an agreement;for the purposes of marketing, advertising or contests, to the extent permitted by law. Applicable legal basis under the GDPR : legitimate interest or consent;;
- for survey and statistical purposes, to the extent permitted by law. Applicable legal basis under the GDPR : legitimate interest of GoliathTech;
- to ensure compliance with the legislation and regulations in force. Applicable legal basis under the GDPR : compliance with the law;
- for any other purposes authorized or required by law. Applicable legal basis under the GDPR : compliance with the law.
When we disclose your personal information to third parties, we take reasonable measures to ensure that the rules set forth in this policy are respected.
We do not market the lists of our clients or Website users to third parties.
Sharing of Your Personal Information
We may provide your personal information to our service providers and partners to provide our services. We may also disclose your personal information to meet a legal obligation or to enforce our rights.
For more information, please click here.
When our service providers no longer need your personal information for those limited purposes, we require that they dispose of the personal information. In some circumstances, we may permit our service providers to retain aggregated, anonymized or statistical information that does not identify you.
We do not authorize the service providers to disclose your personal information to unauthorized parties or to use your personal information for their direct marketing purposes. If you would like more information about our service providers, please contact us using the contact information in the “Contact Us” section below.
Below is a list of our third party service providers who may process your personal information:
Additionally, we may use and disclose your information when we believe such use or disclosure is permitted, necessary or appropriate:
- under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence;
- to comply with legal process;
- to respond to requests from public and government authorities, including public and government authorities outside your country of residence;
- to enforce the terms of the agreements for our products and services;
- to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates or subsidiaries;
- to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or those of our affiliates, you or others; and
- to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
In addition, we may transfer your personal information and other information to a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, brands, affiliates, subsidiaries or other assets.
If we otherwise intend to disclose your personal information to a third party, we will identify that third party and the purpose for the disclosure, and obtain your consent.
Opting Out of Communications
If you no longer want to receive marketing-related emails from us, such as our newsletter, you may opt-out of receiving marketing-related emails by clicking the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any email you receive from us, or, if you created an online account when you registered to receive our emails, you may log-in to your account and make changes to your communication preferences. You may also opt-out by contacting us directly using the contact information in the “Contact Us” section below.
We will endeavour to respond to your opt-out request promptly, but we ask that you please allow us a reasonable time to process your request. Please note that if you opt-out from receiving marketing-related emails, we may still need to send you communications about your use of our products or services, or other matters.
Retention of Personal Information
We will use, disclose or retain your personal information only for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which that personal information was collected and as permitted or required by law.
If you would like more information about how long your personal information will be retained, please contact us using the contact information in the "Contact Us" section below.
We have implemented physical, organizational, contractual and technological security measures with a view to protecting your personal information and other information from loss or theft, unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification. We have taken steps to ensure that the only personnel who are granted access to your personal information are those with a business ‘need-to-know’ or whose duties reasonably require such information.
Despite the measure outlined above, no method of information transmission or information storage is 100% secure or error-free, so we unfortunately cannot guarantee absolute security. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of any information that you provided to us has been compromised), please contact us immediately using the contact information in the “Contact Us” section below.
International and Interprovincial Transfer of Information
Your personal information is currently hosted in Quebec, Canada.
For more information, please click here.
Your Rights regarding Your Personal Information
You have some rights regarding your personal information. To learn more about your rights, please click here.
We will take steps to ensure that your personal information is kept as accurate, complete and up-to-date as reasonably necessary. We will not routinely update your personal information, unless such a process is necessary. We expect you, from time to time, to supply us with updates to your personal information, when required.
However, to make sure that the information we hold on you is accurate and up to date, please inform us immediately of any change in your personal information.
On written request and subject to proof of identity, you may consult the personal information that we have collected, used or disclosed, and ask that any necessary corrections be made, where applicable, as authorized or required by law.
In addition, under certain circumstances, you have the following rights:
- Withdrawal of your consent. You may withdraw your consent to the disclosure or use of the personal information collected;
- If applicable, you may have the right to request that personal information held about you no longer be disclosed;
- Where applicable, you may have the right to request information about the use of any automated decision system and the impact it may have on you.
Finally, under the GDPR, you may be entitled to additional rights, including: (i) the right to withdraw consent to processing where consent is the basis of processing; (ii) the right to object to unlawful data processing, under certain conditions; (iii) the right to delete Personal Information about you, under certain conditions; (iv) the right to demand that we restrict processing of your Personal Information, under certain conditions, if you believe we have exceeded the legitimate basis for processing, processing is no longer necessary, or believe your Personal Information is inaccurate; (v) the right to data portability of Personal Information concerning you that you provided us in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format, under certain conditions; (vi) the right to object to decisions being taken by automated means which produce legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affect you, under certain conditions. If you want to learn more about your rights under the GDPR, you can visit the European Commission's page on Data Protection at: https://ec.europa.eu/info/law/law-topic/data-protection/reform/rights-citizens_en.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the relevant data protection authority.
We may require that you provide sufficient identification to fulfill your request regarding your personal information. Any such identifying information will be used only for this purpose.
In certain circumstances, in France, you can also define directives concerning your personal information in case of death.
Our products and services are not intended for minors in their country and we do not voluntarily collect personal information from such minors. If you are a minor under the laws of your jurisdiction, please do not provide us with any personal information without the express consent of a parent or guardian.
If you are a parent or guardian and you know that your children have provided us with personal information, please contact us. If we learn that we have collected personal information from minor children without verification of parental consent, we will take steps to delete that information from our servers.
Third Party Applications and Services
This privacy statement applies only to our products and services. This privacy statement does not extend to any Applications or products or services provided by third parties. We do not assume responsibility for the privacy practices of such third parties and we encourage you to review all third party privacy policies prior to using third party Applications or products or services.
477 Bd Poirier
Magog, Québec J1X 7L1
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org